Your weekly LEI roundup with highlights from the LEI ecosystem.
Welcome to the first edition of RapidLEI’s new weekly LEI briefing. In this series, we aim to bring the latest news from the LEI ecosystem, so you can start the week one step ahead.
Make sure you sign up to the monthly RapidLEI newsletter too!
GLEIF reveals 2020 statistics: The LEI in numbers
The GLEIF have issued a blog summarising data from its Global LEI System Business Reports in 2020, showing an overview of LEI adoption throughout the year.
- 71 million LEIs now in place
- 9% annual growth rate
- The top LEI growth jurisdiction is China at 182%, followed by India at 45.6%, Estonia at 42.6%, Lithuania at 27.9% and Turkey at 27.8%.
- The top 5 countries by LEI volume are the US, the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The blog also includes figures for Q4, including a 3.7% quarterly growth rate.
Read the full article on the GLEIF Blog.
New RapidLEI partner: UBO Service
Today RapidLEI announced a new partnership with Ultimate Beneficial Owner (UBO) data capture solution provider, UBO Service.
UBO Service joins the RapidLEI Registration Agent (RA) partner program to incorporate LEI issuance to its portfolio, adding an extra layer of security and compliance to client UBO declarations. This enhanced compliance solution helps financial institutions to quickly and easily meet KYC/CDD obligations from regulations such as the Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (5AMLD) and the updated Corporate Transparency Act (CTA).
Read more details in the Ubisecure press release.
More LEI news from around the web
- A-Team Insight – GLEIF CEO Stephan Wolf Outlines LEI Strategy Based on Hindsight and Innovation.
- Global Banking and Finance – LEI: Not a garland from Hawaii but a foundational risk management component
- Making Finance Work for Africa – Promoting the Legal Entity Identifier to foster transparency and trade in African markets
- LEI Worldwide – Digital Identity, Cryptocurrency & the LEI
- Digital Future Magazine – Self-sovereign digital identity, vLEI as identification standard for InfoCert DIZME network
- A-Team Insight – n-Tier Blockchain-Based Reference Data Consensus Solution Aims to Drive Down Errors and Costs
- Banque De France – An identifier to characterize groups’ global expansion strategies